ECHO-Chicago’s Annual Report: Fiscal Year 2020
This year has been a big one for ECHO-Chicago! In addition to facilitating multiple new series to address the COVID-19 pandemic—the first of which launched less than 10 days after the state of Illinois shut down—our program celebrated its 10th anniversary! In November 2010, our Resistant Hypertension series began, marking the start of ECHO-Chicago, the first and longest-running urban ECHO program! We were able to celebrate our anniversary virtually with participants, facilitators, partners, and other members of the community.
Check out the video we made for the occasion here!
This special anniversary also means that we produced a special edition of our Annual Report for Fiscal Year 2020 (July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020) to highlight this past fiscal year, but also the full history of our program.
A few highlights from this past fiscal year:
- Our Complex Diabetes: Managing Medical and Social Issues series launched—a topic we’ve been excited to work on for quite some time! (page 10)
- Over 1,000 providers participated in the three COVID-19 series we launched in the spring and early summer! (page 8)
- 85% of our participants reported an increase in self-efficacy compared to baseline after participating in our series! (page 4)
- Our team shared a special message in honor of this year’s milestone! (page 3)
- We worked with Urban Wild Studio to create a great graphic that encapsulates the full ECHO-Chicago history (including our illustrious mascot, Nigel the Narwhal)! (page 6)
- During our anniversary celebration, we handed out some special awards to honor and celebrate some of the many individuals who helped make ECHO-Chicago what it is! (page 7)
We hope you’ll explore the full report here! To learn more about ECHO-Chicago’s history and anniversary, be sure to explore #ECHOChicagoTurns10 where we’ve shared content throughout the year. Thank you for being part of ECHO-Chicago’s first decade! We look forward to sharing the next one with you too!Back to Updates